Photo Finisher (Freelance)
To improve the quantity and quality of photographs Tortuga presents to its customers on its blog, social media, and shop pages by systematizing photo processing. To unify the look of all photographs around a set of brand guidelines.
- Take raw, unprocessed photo files and edit them to match brand guidelines. This includes but is not limited to color correcting/grading and/or cropping photos to match brand guidelines.
- Edit and crop out undesirable branding and other elements from unprocessed photos based upon both brand guidelines and judgement.
- Reduce lead time between raw assets being delivered to you and finished photos arriving in our marketing team’s pipeline.
- Work on a systemized schedule. You know you’ll receive X amount of raw photos one day and that you’ll be able to finish them all in a set amount of hours.
Do Not Apply If...
- You ever get tired of thinking or talking about travel. Our team is passionate about the problems we work on every day (making travel easier) and about our fellow travelers (customers).
- You like working at a big company or need hand holding. We are a small, remote company. There is no HR department. There are no layers of management. If you need something done, you do it.
Read Before Applying
- Working Independently: You’re good at working on your own. Although you’ll work with brand guidelines and with the guidance of an Art Director, you can receive, process, and return photos with minimal feedback. You’ll be part of a professional team and use communication tools like Slack, Asana, and email that will allow for you to work remotely.
- Confidence in Your Creative Decision-Making: You feel confident after making a photo editing choice. Although you’ll be working from brand guidelines, you’ll need to make lots of decisions on your own. You make choices quickly based on the information you can gather on your own and move on.
- Visual Expert: You’ve edited thousands of pictures in the past. Lightroom and Photoshop are your best friends. You know how to match photographic looks and fix problems.
- Moving Quickly: You value professionalism and efficiency over perfectionism. You know when you’ve done enough and are ready to move on. You don’t waste time on unsolvable problems.
- Written Communication in English: You read and write expertly in English. Most of your communication will be via email or chat through written English. You must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in writing.
- Work from Anywhere: Tortuga is 100% distributed. Decide where you work best, whether that's from home, a coffee shop, a co-working space, or another country. We will even pay for your coworking membership.
- Unlimited Vacation: You decide how much of a break you need and when. Just promise to tell us about your trip when you get back.
- Free Gear: All the bags and accessories you need for your future travels.